It begins at 10am with registration and talks will be held at the city's municipal building.
The program, in chronological order, includes:
- Simonas Gurevicius: Conference OpeningOn the evening of September 25, there will be a play, "Always Yours, Anne Frank," based on the Goodrich/Hackett play, "Diary of Anne Frank," by the Juozo Miltinio Drama Theatre, along Jewish folk music.
- Joana Viga Ciplyte: Fragments of Jewish history of the region
- Gennady Koffman: The history and fate of the Panevezys Jewish Cemetery
- A 1932 film about the Jews of Panevezys
- Israeli Ambassador Chen Ivri Apter and Panevezys Mayor Povilas Vadopolas: Award ceremony of the Righteous among the Nations
- Unveiling of the "Grieving Jewish Mother" memorial, Remembrance Square.
- Lunch at the Jewish community hall
- Tour of the city and its Jewish history
- Exhibit Opening: History of Panevezys Jews
- Book Presentation: J.V. Ciplytes, "Small Jerusalema: History of Panevezys Jews."
Partners and sponsors include the city and regional municipalities, Jewish Community of Lithuania, Embassy of Israel, Embassy of Russian Federation, American Fund for the Jews of Lithuania and Latvia, Lithuania's departments of cultural heritage and national minorities and others.
Also listed are some 30 individuals, some of whom are familiar to Jewish genealogists, such as Howard Margol, Deborah R. Kaye, Dr. Charles B. Nam and many others.