07 June 2010

On the Road: California, Nevada

Travel is wonderful and allows reconnections with old friends.

I'm glad I got in 10 days before the upcoming Jamboree conference to work out the jet lag.

My friend Hilary has been wonderful, and we did a Persian barbecue while I was there.

Then I went out to Thousand Oaks to speak on Sephardic genealogy trends and resources for the Jewish Genealogical Society of Conejo Valley. There was a very good turnout with interested people who asked questions for nearly an hour following my talk on Sephardic genealogy trends and resources.

Thank you to Jan Meisels Allen and her husband Tom who were superb hosts. It was also nice to see Hal Bookbinder and Warren and Debra Blatt and other JGSCV members.

Today, I managed a quick overnighter to Las Vegas to take care of some things and to visit with old friends Mark and Cheryl, whom we've known since we moved to the area in 1990. Tomorrow afternoon it's back to Los Angeles and on Thursday, the Burbank Airport Marriott is where I'll be until Sunday, June 13.

Hilary and I found a fantastic Chinese restaurant in Sherman Oaks, called Kung Pao Bistro. We highly recommend it, as well as a great Japanese/Asian buffet in Woodland Hills. Both were excellent. We even got good sandwiches at Brent's Deli out in Agoura and a wonderful post-talk dinner with JGSCV friends at Marcello's.

Tomorrow will be a serious blogging day so expect lots of good things to read!

1 comment:

  1. David Oseas2:39 PM

    Schelly,

    Really enjoyed your presentation at JGSCV.

    Thanks for visiting us!

    -David

    ReplyDelete