06 June 2011

Geneabloggers: 17 new family history blogs

There are 17 newly-discovered genealogy and family-history related blogs on Thomas MacEntee's newest list, bringing the total of geneablogs to 1,952 at Geneabloggers.com.

This week's topics include Jewish genealogy (two!), individual family history, California, vendor, education, professional genealogist, New York, African-American, Canada, geographic and cemetery.

Here are some highlights of the new finds:

A Jewish Genealogy Journey
Individual family history, Jewish genealogy

I have been researching my family history since before 1990. See my family history blog at From Maine to Kentucky for my ancestry. I’ve found my husband’s recent ancestors in New York, New Jersey and Ohio. However, because all of his immigrant ancestors are Jewish and came through Castle Garden or Ellis Island, it has been a different kind of genealogy journey. I have decided to create a separate blog to share my findings of his ancestors.

If you want to share anything about common ancestors, contact me at elizhandler -at- gmail.com.
Eliyahu’s Branches
Individual family history, Jewish genealogy

Chaim Freedman is updating his database of descendants of the Vilna Gaon and his siblings, published in his book ”Eliyahu’s Branches – the Descendants of the Vilna Gaon and His Family” (Avotaynu 1997).


"In the light of additional material received from many families and with resource to new archival records which were not available when my book was published, I am reassessing the data.
I invite those, whose families appear in my book, to send updates of children born since the book’s publication twelve years ago, and any corrections. I would also like to hear from all families who hold a tradition of a relationship with the Gaon."
Alvispat's WebBlog
Individual family history (ALVIS, PATTERSON and more)

Apprentice Genealogist
Individual family history

Anne’s Genealogy and Family History Blog
Individual family history

Healdsburg Heritage Hound
California genealogy (HILES)

A weekly view of our town Healdsburg, CA and then articles of interest to folks who reside in the HILES FAMILY TREE (includes a link to personal family website: www.danhiles.com).
How Did I Get Here? My Genealogy Journey
African-American genealogy, Individual family history

Lundology
Individual family history (LUND and others)

Maiden Aunts and Dutch Uncles: Family Stories and Ancestor Biographies
Individual family history

My Family’s Tangled Roots
Individual family history

My Johnson Family Line
Individual family history (JOHNSON)

Our Family Vine
Individual family history

Progeny Genealogy
Genealogy vendor blog

Southern Tier Cemeteries
Cemetery blog, New York genealogy

Spotlighting cemeteries in the Southern Tier region of New York State. Includes the counties of Allegany, Broome, Cattaraugus, Chemung, Delaware, Steuben, and Tioga.
Susan’s Genealogy Blog
Genealogy education blog, Professional genealogist

Authored by Board-certified genealogist Susan Farrell Bankhead.
Teri’s Blog – Genealogy Jottings
Individual family history

A researcher for more than 30 years, Teri has family in the US, UK, Norway, Finland and Germany.
The Forest City
Canadian genealogy, Geographic genealogy blog

London ("The Forest City") is in southwestern Ontario, about halfway between Toronto and Detroit. It was founded in 1826 and incorporated as a city in 1855.
For complete details on the new blogs, read the original post here.

No comments:

Post a Comment