10 May 2010

NGS: An honor in Salt Lake City

The National Genealogical Society has recognized an article I wrote for Family Tree Magazine.

"Ties That Bind," on Jewish research strategies, received the "NGS Award for Excellence: Genealogical Methods and Sources," at the Friday night NGS conference dinner in Salt Lake City.

The Family Tree Magazine article (see cover page right) appeared on pages 52-57 of the September 2009 issue.

Although I could not be there in person, my heart was certainly there. My good friend Daniel Horowitz accepted the award (see image left) in my absence.

I sincerely thank the NGS, headed by president Jan Alpert, and Family Tree Magazine's Allison Stacey, Grace Dobush and Diane Haddad for their foresight in encouraging this topic, and for creating its important visual context.



3 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Schelly, for a well-deserved award! I can't wait to see you next month at Jamboree. Safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on this honor. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Sorry I didn't acknowledge these two until now. Getting busy to travel to Jamboree and JGSLA 2010. See you soon, Kathryn.

    with best wishes
    Schelly

    ReplyDelete