Special interest groups help researchers focus their research and provide a location for geo-specific resources.
One such site is the Lyakhovichi/Lechovich (Belarus) site at JewishGen. Webmaster Deborah Glassman is always expanding this collection of valuable resources.
Recent changes include the following details:
- 230 webpages, an expansion of more than 25%.
- 5,000+ images, doubled from previous versions.
- 1,200+ New York-area gravestone photos, indexed by surname and full Hebrew name.
- 300+ data extractions - New York City Death Certificates (1893-1943) .
- Names of Lechovichers living in nearby Baranovich, Kletsk and Gorodische.
Additional data includes names from Jewish Colonial Trust documents, World War I Draft records, professional directories, etc. There are more obituaries, a 1937 list of midwives in Lechovich and Baranovich, mortality rate analyses (1834 and 1850 Revision Lists) and other Revision Lists residency changes.
If your family has a connection Lyakhovichi/Lechovich or the adjacent areas, do check out these resources at the link above; check out the "new" section.
Ongoing projects include translating original Russian records. A searchable database now includes 2,258 entries for 12 Supplementary Revision files (1858-1884). Visit the site for surnames in these records.
Congratulations to Deborah for her work on this site.