Currently, the following resources will be available on 28 Resource Room computers, according to computer database manager Jan Meisels Allen. When the final list is available, Tracing the Tribe will let readers know.
Most of these databases are normally paid-subscription only; providing free access is a valuable benefit to conference-goers. Consequently, there is very heavy traffic and attendees may have to sign-up for time slots. At past events, connections were available for those bringing laptops so they did not have to wait for a computer to become available, but Tracing the Tribe is not yet sure about this year's arrangement.
A folder titled "Selected Genealogical Websites" will be on each computer. Although not complete (new Internet resources are continually established), but these collections should be of interest and helpful to conference-goers. Topics include:
- British Newspapers from the British Library
- FindMyPast.com/Ancestors on Board.com
- Godfrey Library
- ProQuest (only one-day access to be announced)
- United States Holocaust Memorial Musuem
- World Vital Records.com
- General InterestThe resource room is always a very popular destination. Stay tuned for updates.
- Government Archives With Documents On-Line
- European and South African Websites
- Holocaust Websites
- Israel Websites
- Latin America Websites
- Sephardic Websites
- United States Websites