The second annual Crypto-Jewish Conference will take place Thursday and Friday March 26- 27 at the Texas A&M Hillel Foundation.
The conference, timed to coincide with the 400th anniversary of the publication of Cervantes’ epic work Don Quixote, will include scholar presentations. On Thursday, the event runs from noon-5.30pm; on Friday, from 9am-5.15pm. See the full agenda through the link 2009 Agenda at the website.
Click here for information on the speakers:
- Rafaela Acevedo-Field and Greg Cuéllar, “Crypto-Jewish Practice in 18th Century”
- Carlos Larralde, “A History of J.T. Canales”
- Stanley M. Hordes, "The Sephardic Legacy in New Mexico: A History of the Crypto-Jews”
- Consuelo Luz, “The Music of the Crypto-Jews”
- Bennett Greenspan, “DNA and Crypto Jews”
- Mike Pincus, “Using the Web as a Research Tool on Crypto-Judaism”
- David Gonzalez, “Alternatives for Integration into the Jewish Community.”
For more information, click here www.tamuhillel.org.