07 February 2009

San Francisco: Photo Restoration, Feb. 15

Our precious ancestral photographs may be the only tangible items we hold today. Some may be wrinkled, rubbed, stained or otherwise damaged. What can be done? How can they be restored?

The San Francisco Bay Area Jewish Genealogical Society has invited photographer and photo restoration expert Jason Rose to present "Using Photographs to Trace Your Roots." The meeting begins at 1pm, Sunday, February 15, at the JCC East Bay in Berkeley. Doors open at 12.30pm.

Rose specializes in digital photo restoration and has a background in oil painting. His mission is to preserve and restore the integrity of ancestral photographs while enhancing the original spirit of the image.

He'll address the importance of personal photographs in tracing ancestral roots and present a before-and-after slide show of restored photos, while providing hints and tips for the beginner.

The SFBAJGS has several other branches, and this interesting program will be repeated on March 15 in San Francisco and on August 17 in Los Altos Hills.

For more information, click here.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:05 PM

    My name is Esther Matier-Louth. My mother's name was Cohen. I was born in Tangier, Morocco in 1947. My mother put me up of adoption the day I was born. I would like to try and find out what happened to her. More information is available to anyone who can help me.
    E-mail esthermatier@earthlink.net

    ReplyDelete