Calling all creative people!
The 31st IAJGS International Conference on Jewish Genealogy is looking for a unique logo for the summer 2011 conference to be held in Washington, DC. The deadline for proposals is March 1.
This post contains recent conference logos.
The winning design will be announced at the JGSGW Luncheon on June 7, and the designer of the logo will receive a free ticket to the DC2011 Conference Banquet.
Not to second-guess the conference committee, but I think that the designer of such a prominent logo to be used on all conference materials should receive full conference registration, considering what a graphic designer would charge to do this work.
In any case, the logo requirements are:
- Be in the PNG (Portable Network Graphics) formatThe Conference Advisory Committee will select the winner based on attractiveness and originality. If no entry submitted by the deadline is suitable, the committee may request additional submissions or request that a submission that meets all of the minimum requirements be modified to create a more suitable choice.
- Be 6” by 6”
- Contain a minimum of two and a maximum of three colors
- Must contain this text: “31st IAJGS International Conference on Jewish Genealogy” and “DC 2011”
- Have a Jewish element
- Have a genealogy/family history element
- Have a Washington, DC element
- May have a theme line.
For all contest questions and logo submissions: send them to DC2011_Conference@comcast.net, along with submitter's name and contact details (email, phone). Non-member entries will be considered.
Sharpen your colored pencils! Get set! Go!