The newest meme is out, and I was tagged by both the Genealogy Insider's Diane Haddad here and The Chart Chick's Janet Hovorka here.
10 years ago I:
1. was living in Southern Nevada.
2. chaired the Jewish Genealogical Society of Southern Nevada-East, based at Midbar Kodesh.
3. was slogging through - in Cyrillic - the seven microfilm rolls of 19th century rabbinical records for Mogilev, Belarus at the Clark Street FHL in Las Vegas.
4. was getting over bronchitis.
5. was the mother of a Brown University junior.
5 things on today's "to-do" list:
1. Catch up on blogging.
2. What to make for dinner.
3. Work on a story for a major publication.
4. Decide if we're doing a Persian barbecue for the Sukkot holiday.
5. Find my mini-digital recorder for my husband.
5 snacks I enjoy:
1. Reese's Peanut Butter Cups - frozen.
2. M&Ms - peanut.
3. Chocolate anything.
4. Toasted onion bagels - Tal's Bagels are the best in Israel!
5. Tiny tomatoes (grape or tear-drop), by the handful.
5 Places I have lived:
1. Four of the five New York City boroughs
4. Los Angeles
5. Southern Nevada
5 Jobs I have had:
1. Day Camp organizer, American Women's Club, Teheran, Iran
2. Country library organizer, major international company
3. Freelance writer/journalist
4. Genealogy columnist
5. Assistant editor
Some colleagues have added two more categories.
5 places to visit again:
1. Barcelona, Spain
2. Vancouver, BC, Canada
3. Zurich, Switzerland
4. Santa Fe, New Mexico
5. Seattle, Washington
5 places I want to visit for the first time:
1. Mogilev, Belarus
2. Melbourne/Sydney, Australia
3. Skalat/Suchastaw, Ukraine (was Galicia, Austro-Hungary)
4. Prague, Czech Republic
5. St. Petersburg, Russia
This meme is being passed on to these genea-bloggers:
1. Renee Zamora, Renee's Genealogy Blog
2. Craig Manson, Geneablogie
3. Kathryn M. Doyle, CA Gen Society Blog
4. Terry Thornton, Hill Country of Monroe County
5. Steve Danko, Steve's Genealogy Blog