Judi Langer-Surnamer Caplan is editor of the LitvakSIG Online Journal, now featuring a new article.
"My Recent Jewish Heritage Roots Tour to Lithuania and Belarus: Moving and Inspiring - But Also Disturbing" is by Bill Yoffee, who writes about his summer 2008 travels to his ancestral shtetls of Dalhinif (Dolginovo) in Belarus, and Birzai, Kirchel (Kirkilai), Slepzie (Slepsciai), and Pokroi (Pakruojis).
The story touches on the Karaites, and evidence indicating a disturbing resurgence of anti-Semitism.
- "What's in a Name? The Problem of Name Changes in the Search for Family Roots"
- "The Life and Times of Ellen and Jacob Cohen: 1870-1950,"
- "Memorials for Lithuanian Shtetls in Holon, Israel," to some of
- "On the Front Line in Lithuania, 1915: Stories of Jewish Eyewitnesses"
- "Litvaks and Their Calendars: Or How to Navigate Between the Torah Portion and the Hebrew, Gregorian, and Julian Calendars"
- "Visiting The Jewish Cemeteries in Kaisadorys and Zasliai"
- "My Childhood in Trishik"